Starting in 2014, the team has grown to a squad of over 30 players, won promotion in 2015/16 and again in 2018/19, a season with a win record in excess of 80% culminating with winning the Intermediate Plate.
The squad has a unique culture and has an extremely successful track record of developing players from novice level, progressing players from age-group rugby to the senior squad in addition to encouraging talented players to progress through either age-group rugby or through loan arrangements with clubs playing at a higher level.
However, we are more than that. We are an integral part of the club, garnering support from all corners. We are teammates and friends who support each other through thick and thin. We strengthen our bond with a strong social aspect to complement our competitive edge, and we want our coach to embrace that ethos.
2019/20 will see us competing at Championship 2, North West Level so it is vital that we identify a Coach to help up realise our potential to compete at this level. The current structure comprises of 2 experienced and qualified coaches who have been with the squad since its inception. The squad is extremely proud of its achievements and requires an experienced individual able to take us to the next level of our development.
We are looking for a volunteer coach, able to demonstrate the following:
• Engaging, friendly and democratic in style, with a genuine focus on player welfare and engagement across the whole squad
• A passionate advocate of the women’s game with the experience to back it up
• Be able to commit to training on Wednesday evenings, games on Sundays and other sessions as required by the squad
• Innovative and forward-thinking.
• Experience of leading a team through structured and innovative coaching
• Approachable and democratic in style; we believe that everyone within the team has a voice and the Coach should be willing to engage widely across the group
• Sound technical knowledge, particularly of forwards coaching
• Experience of coaching female players across all abilities is vital
• Knowledge of player pathways and experience of interacting / engaging with the wider club
• Minimum Level 2 qualifications
Overall, you should be a competent, well-rounded and approachable individual, genuinely excited about the chance to lead us to the next level.
The closing date for applications - 14th June 2019 For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 07:54 - 30 May 2019 by Steve Holding